18th Annual Landfill Symposium Call for Proposals: Transforming Landfills through Innovation
March 24 – 27, 2014 Monterey, CA.
Calling All Landfill Professionals and Solid Waste Managers!
It's time to Submit a Proposal for the 18th Annual Landfill Symposium
The 18th Annual Landfill Symposium is looking for presentations that complement this year's theme, “Transforming Landfills through Innovation."
Requested topics include:
- Innovative stormwater management practices
- Making the most of your permitted airspace
- Managing resources and diversion efforts at your landfill
- Long-term care costs and funding changes over time
- Research on alternative to Subtitle D closure
- Regulatory status of bioreactor landfills
- Landfill resource mining
- Successful alternative energy projects at landfill sites
- Marketing for the shrinking ton
- Unique challenges for operating a small volume landfill
- Impact of organics diversion on landfill operations
- Landfill re-use
- Landfill remeditation
Alternatives to a traditional PowerPoint presentation are strongly encouraged. Please view the presentation submission site for suggested formats.
Deadline For Submitting A Proposal Is August 1, 2013!
Please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014LandfillSymposium to submit your proposal.
If you have questions regarding the submission of your proposal, please contact Sue Bumpous, Advocacy and Division Programs Manager, at email@example.com.