Yikes! Seems like only yesterday I was in Boston taking part in WASTECON 2010—actually it was three weeks ago—and with the jet lag barely over, here we go again preparing for WASTECON 2011 at Nashville, TN, August 23–25, 2011.
The 2011 WASTECON conference program will highlight the innovations and improvements that have significantly strengthened the practice of solid waste management in the 21st century, so SWANA is inviting you to submit an abstract or panel discussion proposal on one or more of the following topics:
* Alternative fuel vehicles and technology
* Clean development mechanism projects
* Climate action issues
* Communication techniques to get your message out there
* Contracting and procurement
* Emissions offset programs and trading
* Health and safety
* Landfill gas recovery and utilization
* LFG to vehicle fuels
* Making a difference in social media
* Public relations success stories
* Reaching difficult target media
* Recycling/composting programs
* Renewable energy credits
* Special waste management
* Sustainable operations
* Transfer stations: design and operations
* Waste conversion technologies
* Waste reduction and reuse activities
You don’t want to wait too long before responding, since the deadline for submitting an abstract is October 15, 2010…less than six weeks away.
If you have questions regarding the submission of your abstract, please contact Allison Burns by phone at 240-494-2237 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.