Interested in becoming a sponsor? Here’s your chance.
Former SWANA President John Hadfield introduced the idea of a Young Professionals (YP) organization at SWANA’s inaugural Senior Executive’s Conference back in the last century. John envisioned the YP organization as an adjunct of the Senior Executive Conference, the latter asking the YPs to focus attention on the range of challenges they were apt to face as they fleeted up to leadership positions within their organizations. His ideas failed to take root for nearly a decade, but they surfaced again with an exploratory meeting at WASTECON 2010 in Boston and emerged for real at Nashville in 2011.
SWANA saw the YP organization as a means of bringing together a far broader range of young professionals within the waste community, looking to them to bring fresh ideas to the association and the industry.
To become a SWANA YP, you must meet the following qualifications:
* Thirty-five years or younger. That’s actual age, not just how young you feel.
* Five years experience, or fewer, in the solid waste industry.
* You’re relatively new to this “waste business” and trying to figure it all out.
* New to a particular position or company within the solid waste industry.
Recently, SWANA announced the availability of YP sponsorship opportunities for a pair of YP events at WASTECON 2013:
- The Young Professionals (YP) Reception on Monday, September 16, and an event titled “Minute Mentoring,” with leaders representing each Technical Division serving as mentors for a “Round Robin” of career and industry insight. Shared Sponsorships are available at $500 for exhibitors and non-exhibitors alike and include access to the reception for two individuals who are not classified as YPs, as well a the inclusion of the sponsor’s company logo in the conference proceedings and at the event.
- YP Lunch Meeting (Dessert sponsor) on Tuesday, September 17, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., where attendees may bring a latte or pick up a WASTECON boxed lunch and then head over to the YP meeting for a chance to meet other YPs, discuss the upcoming year, share ideas, and receive updates from the YP Steering Committee. Here again, shared sponsorships are available at $300, with access to the lunch meeting for two individuals not classified as YPs and the sponsor’s company logo in the conference proceedings and at the event
Event tickets are included with sponsorships as well.
Interested? Please contact Shelby Truxon at 1-240-494-2253 or by e-mail at: STruxon@swana.org ASAP.